Wednesday, December 12, 2012

So here we are.  Nearing the end of 2012.  This is a time for looking back, and a time for looking forward.  I am *not* usually a look-back-er.  I tend to just do and do and continue moving forward without much reflection.  I'm also not very good at making plans - or, rather, I dream plans but very rarely manifest them.

But this year has been a little different for me.  I've been moving toward some shifts in my life, and I feel strongly that the coming year will bring some major changes for me.  This past year I've made deliberate decisions to do things for my own personal enjoyment.  I have been working toward accepting myself fully and giving myself free reign to follow my interests, wherever they may lead.

I've got a few things in mind for the future.  Well, these are the minor things - there are a few major ideas as well but I don't know if I'm ready to put those in writing yet.
  • learning more herbalism
  • planning and executing my own herb garden
  • learning tarot
  • purchasing a spinning wheel and learning to spin my own yarn
There's always a lot going on in my head.  I often don't know how to put it all into words.

Some things I want to create and introduce into the shop in the coming year:
  • affirmation cards (this one is still kind of a misty-in-the-clouds sort of idea)
  •  some tribal/gypsy/earthy/bohemian type necklaces
  • crochet stuff, like dishcloths and scrubbies
  • more knit scrap scarves
  • crochet and/or knit wrist cuffs with handspun yarns 
What's on your wish list for the new year?

1 comment: