Sunday, July 29, 2012

What I've been doing

Not been feeling very talkative lately.  But here's what I've been crafting.
These are stamps I carved from some rubber erasers.  This has been really fun.


 Coptic stitch journal I made for myself.  Also tons of fun.  Will definitely be making more of these.
And this is Phase One of my chair makeover.  Got the idea from a post on the Stampington blog, I think.  This chair was a hand-me-down from someone in my family.  Its a bit wobbly, but it works.  I've been using it as a computer desk chair in my library.  Anyway, it needs a makeover into something fun and funky to fit my style.  I scrounged up a can of automotive primer spray paint and just covered the whole chair with it.  I did a couple of spot tests, and the primer seems to provide a better base for the other paints than the finish that was on the chair to begin with.  It was a dark stain with a gloss finish.  I have a few cans of other spray paint colors hanging around in the garage (I have absolutely no idea where they came from) so I will probably use some of those.  But I think I'll be making a trip out sometime this week to pick up some brighter colors.  

At some point, I will be destashing the workshop.  I mean the jewelry workshop.  Things tend to get out of hand rather quickly in there.  Time to thin the herd, so to speak.  So, in the next week or so I will be posting some bit and bobs on the facebook page and maybe in the Etsy shop.  

Hope everyone has been having a spectacular summer so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment