Saturday, March 26, 2011

Work and awesome friends

Okay, so I finally got my Etsy shop up and running.

Flights of Fancy

Still working on getting things listed.  I'm pacing myself and trying not to get overwhelmed.  It is a lot of work to get all this stuff together.  I'm just so proud of myself for actually getting the shop opened. 

In between Etsy work and real work, I've been working on a couple of new creations.  Here's what my bead table looks like today.  This is going to be a necklace...lots of tiny little czech glass beads and copper wrapping.  The copper wire is some reclaimed stuff that a friend of mine gave me from old automotive and motor parts.  He's a junkyard-aholic and has sooo much stuff piled up in his garage and house that he's collected over the years.  He gave me an old bench vise and when I told him what I was going to use it for he gave me a bunch of other stuff too.  Just look at that luscious coil of old copper wire.  Monday I'm going by to pick up some more random things he's collected for me.  Hoorah for awesome friends!

Later today or tomorrow I hope to get some work done on a business card design, then maybe alter some old gift boxes I picked up at a thrift store last week. 

Spring has flown the coop for a little while it seems.  Today was barely 40 degrees, and tomorrow will be much the same, or colder.  I'm just about over the winter weather...somebody please turn the heater up!

Now I think I'm off to do some more wire work.  Happy day to you!

3 comments:

  1. My husband and Father in Law are my greatest helps in my creative world...seems they are always working out my metal problems :-) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw these on Etsy and immediately thought of your wire...lol! http://www.etsy.com/listing/70619267/cool-copper-wire-wrapped-earrings?ref=af_circ_favitem

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! how pretty! they look so simple and a little funky...what a great idea. Thanks for sharing that link!

    ReplyDelete